G21 bone cements are intended to stabilize and reinforce vertebral body in percutaneous vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty procedures when treating painful pathologic compression fractures of vertebral body which do not respond to antalgic therapy.
This may be caused by:
- Primary and secondary osteoporosis;
- Osteolysis coming from tumors in the vertebral body (metastatic carcinomas or myelomas);
- Osteolysis coming from symptomatic vertebral hemangiomas.
G21 bone cements are dedicated radiopaque bone cements, specifically formulated to perform percutaneous vertebral augmentation procedures, such as vertebroplasty or kyphoplasty.
G21 bone cements for vertebral consolidation are made up of two-components (powder and liquid) to be mixed at the time of application in the operating room.
G21 bone cements, are formulated to develop the right viscosity for the type of application which, once hardened, assumes a compact structure that enhances the mechanical strength of the implant.
To best suit the needs of every surgeon and patient, G21 offers a wide range of cements with diverse levels of viscosity which are also conceived to exclude the risk of leakage and possible complications.
G21 bone cements for vertebral consolidation are as follows:
- V-FIX and V-FAST: low viscosity bone cements;
- V-STEADY: high viscosity bone cement.